The Faith Driven Leader Podcast equips and encourages listeners to build a life and career on a deep trust in God. Hosted by Ann Eileen Thompson, she speaks with guests who let their faith drive their leadership in life, family, ministry, and the marketplace, showing how Faith-Driven leaders navigate leadership decisions in a world where everyone seems to be deciding for themselves what’s “right.”
In our episode, we discuss:
- Leading new friends
- Faith in China
- Bungee jumping in Victoria Falls
- Sexual assault in the workplace
Part podcast, part blog series, part live event, Say Hi to the Future is an inclusive platform aimed at highlighting the human side of ingenuity. Their goal is to highlight new and interesting ways of looking at the world by exploring how non-conventional thinkers are taking on contemporary challenges. Here are a few topics we covered:
- The Manifestation of Ingenuity at Work
- Routines, Joy, Team Structure
- My Career Path: What I’m Proud of and What I’d Change
- Social Legacy and Motivations for The Spare Room
- Advice for Leaders
Perspectives from the Top demonstrates secrets of success for you and your organization shared by the world’s leading thinkers, doers, and trailblazers. Hosted by Chris Roebuck, the show reveals a treasure trove of insights, from megatrends to practical strategies and actions to advance your career.
In our episode, we discussed:
- How changing the way you think about your work can change your entire career
- How great leaders become what their people need
- How you say hello and goodbye matters
- Changing your mind as a habit
- What all transformative leaders share in common.
In our episode, we discussed:
- Leadership style & unconventional team celebrations, and work culture in an ever-changing environment
- Advice for my younger self
- The Spare Room book and my vision
- Our job is to be great parents, not raise great kids
- A story that didn’t make the book
- Dying empty
In our episode, we discussed:
- My career journey
- Social Legacy and what it means to me
- Books I’ve loved recently
- Character traits and people I admire
- Advice: Be bold in your learning
- The future of The Spare Room
The Drum’s Marketing Negotiations: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Podcast dives into difficult and unheard-of marketing negotiations. Host Mike Lander interviews CMOs and agency leaders on their toughest deals to-date: obstacles, outcomes and learnings, and emotional/mental challenges along the way.
In our episode, we discuss:
- The difference between the client side and agency side of negotiations
- Dealing with disproportionate relationships
- Whether pitching should be free
- How clients and agencies can align on what success looks like
Uncovering China’s Market Podcast explores how things unfold differently in the world’s second-largest economy. Hosted by XNode Singapore, this podcast dives deeper into China’s innovation advantage and teaches you to make it your own. Our episode is on Bridging Cultures and Building Brands.
In this episode, I talk about:
- My experiences as a female C-suite executive & challenges I conquered along the way
- An inside look at the marketing landscape in China
- Crucial strategies tech companies need to succeed
- How my upbringing, curiosity, and risk-taking attitude have molded her career and personal purpose.
In our episode, we talked about:
- Identifying your Social Legacy
- Stories from “The Spare Room” Book
- Living With More Intention Redefining My Leadership Approach in the Workplace
Breaking and Entering Advertising Podcast will help you pull off the ultimate heist: breaking and entering the advertising industry. Host Geno Schellenberger interviews experts across the industry and focuses on tips and tricks to break in.
In my episode, I share:
- How to persevere through the first few years of your career
- The client side
- A peek inside what it’s like to lead large teams
The Whole Marketer Approach bridges technical skills, soft leadership skills, and personal understanding. Abby Dixon, the Founder and Director of Labyrinth Marketing, develops marketers in their careers and personal lives through her website and The Whole Marketer podcast. She is passionate about supporting and empowering the people and marketers, behind the brands and businesses, to step change their and their brand’s growth. In each episode, she and her guest, discuss a key skill to support growth as marketers in today’s challenging yet fulfilling profession. In our episode, we talked about:
- Sizzles, pops, and Kibun
- Feeling comfortable with asking for help
- The powers of your subconscious
- Social legacy & marketing
The Jesus Calling Podcast demonstrates how God works in people’s lives. From athletes to authors, business leaders to church leaders, entertainers to music artists, this podcast tells stories of faith, courage, love, and encouragement from people across the world.
Take A Step Of Faith Toward Your Purpose
In this episode, I share how I’ve taken steps of faith toward my purpose. One key learning: Every time you say “yes”, yes amplifies into more yes AND it strengthens your faith and conviction! So the next time you say “yes” you do it a little less fearfully, and the time after that, you lean forward with anticipation! Listen to my full episode of the Jesus Calling podcast on my Youtube channel here.
The Leaders’ Perspective host Jason Goldberg interviews triple threat leaders about their lives, philosophies, and careers, and topics related to the people, products, trends and experiences that influence business. Triple threat leaders are those who have a high IQ, EQ and DQ – intelligence quotient, emotional quotient, and decency quotient.
Social Legacy and Leadership
A few highlights from our episode:
- Defining my Social Legacy didn’t just integrate my work but it began to transcend my work
- Can Social Legacy be taught or is it something we’re born with?
- How Social Legacy has influenced my daughter
- Our responsibility as leaders to stand up for a cause publicly
- Situational leadership vs. Dimensional leadership
The Bold Lounge Podcast presents bold stories that inspire and enable listeners to free their own boldness. From true vulnerability and service to making tough choices and taking the big leap, each episode features an extraordinary journey of hope and perseverance.
Define Your Social Legacy & Fuel Your Purpose
Leigh Burgess and I landed on a theme we both loved: “To protect your spark!” We talk about how the smallest spark can grow into a strong flame, and how we can nurture our own spark and open ourselves up to possibility. Listen to our episode of The Bold Lounge Podcast here! Also check out Leigh on Instagram.
Bringing Confetti to the Room
Technology Partners CEO Lisa Nichols interviews leaders from around the world to share their stories and show what “the something extra that every leader needs” to influence, encourage, and be a true leader in our daily lives. On our episode of Something Extra podcast, we talked about:
- Discomfort Index – and how knowing my own helps me be at my best
- My “something extra” (and how it has to do with confetti!)
Read the guest link to my episode of the Something Extra podcast here and listen to the full Something Extra episode on my Youtube channel here.
Bridging Cultures & Building Brands
This podcast explores how daring leaders from across industries and around the globe are redefining their organizations—and themselves—to create extraordinary impact in today’s rapidly changing world. In each episode, Russell Reynolds Associates consultant Nanaz Mohtashami and CEO Clarke Murphy host engaging, purposeful conversations with leaders in and out of the business world who share their insights and perspectives on how they lead, boldly.
On this episode, we talked about:
– Differences between the Western & Chinese markets, and how brands can succeed in the notoriously challenging Chinese market
– Bridging people, social legacy, and The Spare Room book
– Capacity and how to take control of your time – perhaps the most valuable commodity of all.
Inspiring Women in Travel Asia (IWTA)
TD and the IWTA Committee aims to spotlight and advocate for women in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry. Watch my interview with Travel Daily on my YouTube channel here. A few highlights:
- Three things Hospitality and Advertising have in common: In any service industry, 1) It’s all about people, 2) Data helps us understand who we serve, 3) Communication internally and externally are critical.
- Why we ought to fear complacency. We should never feel we’re already at our best, because there’s always more to learn, experience and grow!
- What travel means to me. The more we travel, the more we remember how small we are and how big the world is.
- The advice I’d give my younger self: Keep your mind open and your heart full, then see where life takes you!
Discover Your Social Legacy and Become More Intentional, More Human in Your Life
A few highlights from our podcast:
- What inspired me to start the “Social Legacy” movement, how it works, and why it leads to stronger leaders and just better humans
- Why I believe we should integrate work and family instead of trying to find a balance, and how doing so changed my life 3-dimensionally
- Why you should always say yes when somebody offers you help
- Why I want my epitaph to read “I died empty.”
Jeanne Sparrow interviews business leaders, entrepreneurs, colleagues, authros, friends, and elebrities for real and honest conversations about finding your Fearless Authenticity. She digs deep into how you make lasting relationships in your professional and private life; how you express yourself fearlessly; and how you deal with the challenges and obstacles on the way to achieving your goals. Listen to the Fearless Authenticity Podcast here.
What a delight, speaking with Dr. Elizabeth Lindsey on her first episode of The Wayfinders podcast! Watch The Wayfinders Podcast video on my Youtube channel here.
Social Legacy — Building a Better World
Here is what we talked about:
- Life experiences that keep us humble: “I think that was what my childhood was growing up, constantly trying to figure things out and always feeling humbled. Always feeling not good enough, not successful enough. Not in a negative way but truly just in a humbling, I’m very small in a very big world kind of way.”
- Going broad to find the perfect job fit: “I think going broad is one of the best things we can do because we can start learning the environment, the types of bosses, the types of industries and the size of company, the company culture, the context in which we thrive. And a lot of times you’re not going to nail right away, this is it, but slowly.”
- Finding a mentor: “There are times where I didn’t know what to do and I would just look around and try and figure out who seemed the most adept at what I was not good at and just reaching out and saying, hey, can I buy you a coffee? Can you teach me? I think people are more willing to help than we expect.”
This podcast unlocks the raw truth of guests’ heroic journeys from devastation to purpose. A few highlights from our podcast:
Part 1: Defining what pisses you off
- Promotion as a set-up for failure or Success
- Comfort for The Spirit, a CEO’s Path
- Finding the Extraordinary in Everyone
- The Cross Roads of Offence and Offer
- Determining Your Framework
Part 2: The “AND” of contradiction
- Vulnerability and Confidence
- Why You Should Take Your Kids to Work
- The Power of AND
- Authentic – A-Holes!
- What it Means to Be “Authentic”
- The Action of Purpose!
- Loyalty and Inspiration
- Why The Future of Leadership is Hard & Soft
“Can We Connect?” is a series by Maryam Banikarim that provides accessible, practical advice. Maryam is a purpose-driven change agent who shows organizations how to shift mindsets and build themselves through the lens of purpose.
On her podcast, we talked about taking a career break. As folks are considering a break, we reflect on how to successfully take a short or long break… what I called my #professionalhalftime.
We also chatted about moving from client to agency side and career or industry changes, in general.
Of course, we touched on #sociallegacy and The Spare Room book, too! Listen to my conversation with Maryam for her Can We Connect series here.
Authenticity – Powering Brands and Leadership
A few highlights from our podcast:
- “Flex to Your People” – How Tia Jordan taught me that great leaders became what their people need.
- “The Importance of Bookends” – What every leader can learn from the Apple retail experience.
- “3 Characteristics of Great Leaders” – What all transformative leaders share in common.
Chris Roebuck speaks with guests to reveal secrest of success for you and your organization. Listen for insights, from mega trends to practiacl strategies, and actions to take your career to the next level.
This podcast discusses topics ranging from leadership to digital transformation to new tech initiatives and brand strategy. Listen to the Minter Dialogue Podcast here
Defining Your Social Legacy and Leading with Authentic Purpose with Emily Chang
We discussed styles of leadership, dealing with trite conversation, interview secrets, changing social legacy, and more. See my blog post below to read more.
Elevation is a moment or series of moments of clarity that can be put into action to elevate your life or purpose. We elevate through empathy, respect, inspiration, impact and maybe most of all, diversity of thought. Will Travis hosts Elevation Barn to leaders, turning challenges they have faced into conversations, and those conversations into clarity. Listen to the Elevation Barn podcast here
The Spare Room on Elevation Barn
Will and I had a life-changing conversation years ago about integrating personal life and work life. Read my blog post below about how he inspired me to write The Spare Room book.
The podcast exists to explore the tensions and dynamics between three key themes; productivity, work-life balance and how people define happiness and success. Watch The Beyond Busy podcast here
Social Legacy on Beyond Busy
Graham Allcott and I discussed leadership hacks that help us get from “beyond busy” to balanced and controlled. Check out my blog post below to read more about our conversation.
Katz Kiely’s podcast takes lived wisdom from senior leaders combined with her own 20+ years of transformational experience to give listeners the inspiration and information to lead like a human, for better results. Listen to the Humans Leading Humans podcast here
Curiosity Bites is what your mind and soul have been craving! Dov Baron hosts conversations with people who work in all kinds of places. Listen here: Curiosity Bites Podcast Part 1, Curiosity Bites Podcast Part 2, Curiosity Bites Podcast Part 3
Dov Baron and I discussed the topic of conviction and how it relates to intentionality and social legacy. Read below for more learnings.
This podcast features high performing businesses, organizations and entrepreneurs who are focused on Shocking Potential every single day. Michael Sherlock, the CEO, is dedicated to creating positive, productive, and profitable workplaces, and helping individuals, and businesses unlock their ultimate potential. Listen to the Shock Your Potential podcast here
Caring For Our Communities
Michael Sherlock and I discussed how your social legacy is an extension of your value system. Check out my blog post below to read about building communities that share your values.
Amber Hurdle enables listeners to become confident, compassionate leaders and driving forces of influence to play big and next-level their success. Watch The Velvet Machete podcast here
The Combustion Chronicles features disruptors that challenge the status quo on his podcast. I’m honored to be featured on his 5th season! Listen to The Combustion Chronicles podcast here
Culture, Leadership, and Social Legacy
A lot of our conversation revolved around creating a positive, human-first culture (see my blog post below for more info on this). We also discussed integrating online and offline worlds and approaching projects with a selfless and learning mindset.
Host Nikki Groom brings you deep, thought-provoking, and inspiring conversations on her top-rated podcast for entrepreneurs who are serious about making money and making a difference. Listen to the Movement Makers podcast here
Define Your Social Legacy
Nikki and I discussed why we shouldn’t run away from hard things, and the growth that these hard things give us. See my blog post below for more.
Hosted by Maria Bailey, this podcast is about making ordinary life extraordinary, exploring the challenges of the daily grind and other life mysteries and ultimately offers inspiring and creative tools and techniques for building an abundant life. This podcast explores edgy topics and uncomfortable assumptions that reveal the unconscious drivers of our habitual patterns that hold us back from finding the richness in ordinary moments. Listen to my episode on Ordinary Habits, Extraordinary Life Podcast here.
- A state of heart (not of mind) – that’s all you need!
- Lean into something that speaks to you on an emotional level.
- Develop the sensitivity to hear and trust where your spirit is pulled.
- Is there something you can do in this circumstance?
- Growth Mindset. Abundance Mindset.
- Stretch the limits of who you are.
- The more you give, the more life gives back.
- Get comfortable with failure.
- C.A.R.: Set up a plan for all the things that are important to you.
- Context: How hard is this thing going to be? Where am I starting from? Where am I going and what’s around me?
- Action: What do I need to do? What am I responsible for? And what’s within my control?
- Result: What is my desired outcome?
- Living Inside your Social Legacy.
- To live at peace with yourself, with your circumstance, and with what you think you’re capable of.
A casual chat with Guestio about branding and customer experience in China. Watch my interview with Guestio here
A community for leading women to level up together through candid conversations, personal strategies and life lessons on the road to building a remarkable personal brand. Defining Your Social Legacy & Living With Authentic Purpose. Read the She Suite article here | Listen to the She Suite Podcast here
Defining Your Social Legacy & Living With Authentic Purpose
Host Melissa Dawn Simkins and I discussed building social legacies, dancing to life’s rhythm, personal brand management, and so much more!
Sam McIntyre’s fun and informative podcast shares both her career advice as well as interviews with women on their own leaderships journeys. She has 30+ years experience in business and technology and has a passion for uplifting women, especially fellow mothers and entrepreneurs. Listen to the Lady Leadership podcast here
This show is a combination of great information on how to succeed in business to a thoughtful and often humorous take on what it means to be a woman in today’s world. Listen to the She’s On Top podcast here
Define Your Social Legacy To Live A More Intentional Life
Some of the topics we cover: What is socially purposed leadership? How to define your values? The evolution of writing The Spare Room The steps for discovering your purpose and how to act on it. Why is social impacted leadership so important? How does leading a more intentional life make you an effective leader? Can your purpose evolve or are you born with one’s purpose?
An “Apple Podcasts Favorite”, this unique, weekly Business interview podcast, features a great lineup of guests around the world, Rising helping “All Boats Rise in a Rising Tide!” Listen to the Rising Tide Start Ups podcast here
This podcast helps seekers, top leaders, find their pathway to higher happiness and success. Hear leadership talks on how to find purpose in life, take action and create the life you deserve and desire. Your host Tom Dutta is the CEO of KRE-AT a Motive Leadership Company, #1 International Best Selling Author and International Speaker. Listen to The Quiet Warrior Show here
The Spare Room as a Movement
One of the big things we discussed was The Spare Room as a movement (14:27 – 15:04). Listen to the podcast to hear more.
It’s a Book Club that’s not a Book Club, where we host an engaging interview on YouTube live with our featured Author followed by an exclusive Members-only Conversation hosted in Zoom Meetings complete with a Book Reading and Q&A. Watch WNorth: Just Published here
One of the topics we discussed was sympathy vs empathy (~22 minutes into the podcast). We dove into how that relates to intentionality with The Spare Room kids. Read my blog post below for more.
In a thought provoking show that breaks with the status quo, the guests and “first among equals”, reveal their secrets, triumphs and disappointments with rare personal insight and learnings that you may wish to adopt in today’s rapidly changing and competitive global landscape. Listen to the No Limitations Podcast here
Head, Heart, and Soul
Blenheim Partners’ Gregory Robinson and I discussed the scale of consumerism in China and the dynamics at play, the realm of possibilities and relentless focus on creativity and innovation in capturing the hearts of the modern consumer, and the concept of social legacy that inspires us to live and lead with renewed intention and authenticity.
I speak with Fast Company, the world’s leading progressive business media brand, with a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, and design. Watch The Fast Company video here
Chatted about Social Legacy at Work as well and more with Jenn Cotton at the Simon Women’s Alliance.
Each week the most extroverted introvert who ever introverted will introduce you to someone new on her podcast, as they share their story of discovering the life they love & how they found the courage to live it. Listen Here: Meredith for Real: the curious introvert podcast Part1 + Meredith for Real: the curious introvert podcast Part 2
Strangers in Your Spare Room? A Social Legacy of Ease, Not Obligation
A big part of the conversation Meredith and I had centered around the concept of generosity and the joy of giving. See below for a reflection about the podcast.
This podcast features interviews with creators of all kinds. By exploring the topic of dreams, the show guides listeners on the path to achieving goals.
How to discover your social legacy and open your Spare Room.
The fascinating conversations with thought leaders explore inclusion, women empowerment, social impact, STE(A)M, and their impact on dreams. Inspiring people to live their best life and foster inclusion. Listen to the Dream Nation Love Podcast Here
This is a personal growth, self-help podcast with inspirational stories, mindset education and actionable tips to help you connect better to yourself and others and live an extraordinary life hosted by Keri Roberts. Listen to the Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things podcast here
How to Define Your Social Legacy & Lead and Live a More intentional Life
What gives me courage in my vulnerable moments? Spoiler alert: my family.
This podcast hosted by Al Fawcett hosts remarkable people from the business, sports and entertainment industries, share their stories and perspective on their success and failures, the lessons they learned and the mindset required to continue to get better. Listen to the Infinite Pie Thinking podcast here
Emily Chang on Social Legacy
On this podcast, I highlighted the importance of feedback, working as a team, listening to the people around you, and finding that intersection of what offends you and what you have to offer.
Having built the #1 Leadership Storytelling Podcast, Paul Smith is one of the world’s leading experts on business storytelling. He’s a keynote speaker, storytelling coach, and bestselling author… and a joy to speak with! Listen to the Lead With A Story Podcast here | Watch a special video edition of the Lead with a Story podcast here
Anyone who’s worked at a great company knows that it’s all about the people. Good managers, great leaders – in and beyond the business. In this series, through conversations with fellow P&G Alums, we hope to go deeper with many leaders you already know, but want to know more about. Listen to the P&G Alumni Podcast Here
“Opportunity Makers” profiles storytellers across different industries in the immigrant community in honor of National Immigrants Day. The series consists of both Q&A interviews and podcast episodes with immigrant leaders across different industries and sectors, showcasing how they are opportunity makers not opportunity takers. Listen to the Knotch Opportunity Makers podcast Here
Throughout the conversation, we touch on a variety of topics, including my experiences growing up as a child of immigrant parents, the intersectionality of my identities, and the power of embracing humor in your circumstances.
I joined an engaging young entrepreneur, Lingling Chen, for her podcast, Aspirational Women. And check out my COVID hair! Watch the Aspirational Women Podcast Here