Today’s my last day conferencing from our library.
The packers have come, and the house will soon be empty as we prepare to move. I’ll miss this spot. I wrote my book, The Spare Room, standing right here. My favorite reading behind me, a stunning view of lake and mountain before me.
It was also a great position for video conferencing. Have you found the perfect spot? Here are a few tips and why I like this one.
- BACKGROUND is authentic and warm, without being distracting or too busy.
- SETTING reveals a little of my personal tastes yet avoids getting too personal.
- LIGHTING is a beautiful, natural glow from outside and there’s no lighting above me to create dark circles under my eyes.
- FRAMING allows the “rule of thirds,” eyeline at top third, collarbone at bottom third.
- ANGLE is straight on so no one’s forced to look up my nose or down my hairline.
- SOUND is muted in my relatively small room, and thousands of pages absorb echoes.
#videoconferencing #workingmom #ourverybest